Anasayfa » Kurumsal »International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS)
International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS)
Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing is the art, science, and technology of obtaining reliable information from noncontact imaging and other sensor systems about the Earth and its environment, and other physical objects and processes through recording, measuring, analyzing and representation.
The International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing is a non-governmental organization devoted to the development of international cooperation for the advancement of photogrammetry and remote sensing and their applications. The Society operates without any discrimination on grounds of race, religion, nationality, or political philosophy. The official languages are English, French and German.
The Society's scientific interests include photogrammetry, remote sensing, spatial information systems and related disciplines, as well as applications in cartography, geodesy, surveying, natural, Earth and engineering sciences, and environmental monitoring and protection. Further applications include industrial design and manufacturing, architecture and monument preservation, medicine and others.
The principal activities of the Society are:
1. Stimulating the formation of national or regional Societies of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing.
2. Initiating and coordinating research in photogrammetry and remote sensing.
3. Holding international Symposia and Congresses at regular intervals.
4. Ensuring worldwide circulation of the records of discussion and the results of research by publication of the International Archives of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing.
5. Encouraging the publication and exchange of scientific papers and journals dealing with photogrammetry and remote sensing.
6. Promoting cooperation and coordination with related international scientific organizations.
1. Ordinary Members
2. Associate Members
3. Regional Members
4. Sustaining Members
5. Honorary Members
Other than Honorary and Sustaining Members, individuals are not eligible to become members of ISPRS.
An individual can participates in the activities of the Society through affiliation with one of the Member organizations and in the Working Groups of the Commissions. Turkey is the ordinary member to the ISPRS. General Directorate of Mapping of Turkey is the representative foundation of Turkey in ISPRS.
ISPRS holds congresses in every four year. XXth ISPRS Congress was held in Istanbul/TURKEY.